About the Conference
Human survivability and creating a better life are inseparably linked to human transformation, which can be achieved through travel and tourism. Travel and tourism can transform one’s journey and help to make the future better. There are travel styles and products of the highest quality that heal rather than harm our global ecological, socio-cultural, economic and political systems. Travel and tourism can shift our perspective on life and change the course of our knowledge, values, attitudes, and behaviour.
Given the novelty and the importance of the transformational theory in tourism, transformational tourism utilizes the concept of personal transformation to show how travel and tourism experiences can contribute to the individual’s learning, personal development and growth, perceptions and attitudes towards others, and their relationships and interactions with the world. Researchers have identified various types of tourism that can transform human beings and their worldviews, such as educational, volunteer, survival, community-based, eco, farm, extreme sports, backpacking, cultural, wellness, religious, spiritual and yoga tourism, as these types of tourism allow the development of new experiences and transforming one’s personality and worldview.
In India and many other countries across the globe, spirituality and transformation not only complement each other but also form an organic extension to the systems of wellness to attain a perfect balance between the mind, body, and soul. These have impacted and regulated the life systems viz. beliefs, values, traditions, health & dietary regimes and are deeply entrenched in every aspect of the lives of the Indians.
Tracks for the International Conference
The agenda for the proposed conference is to arrive at a better understanding from the supply and demand side, the requirements of the travellers, the challenges in product offerings to the travellers for the best possible experience and to make India a leading destination of choice for holidaymakers and travellers with a specific interest in the stated domain. It also aims to build upon the participants’ knowledge sharing on the potential model that India presents and help formulate understanding the effective ways to promote India as a complete and comprehensive religious, spiritual & wellness destination. The proposed conference seeks discussion on both inbound tourism from these markets to India and outbound tourism to these markets. The following are sub-themes of the conference-
- The attractiveness of India as a tourist destination for wellness and health tourism.
- Halal tourism in India- Halal hospitality; Halal culinary tourism.
- Scope for Satvik, Kaussar tourism, etc.
- Perception of India as a Transformational tourism destination among the tourism markets.
- Transformational tourism in India.
- The readiness of India as a Transformational tourism destination.
- Transformational tour packages and operations.
- Challenges for visitors from these markets to travel to India.
- Wellness, spiritual, retreat and religious tourism in India.
- Wellness, spiritual, retreat and religious tourism from India.
- Backpacking Tourism and Volunteer tourism.
- Eco-tourism/nature-based tourism and adventure tourism in India.
- Yoga, cultural and creative tourism.